Monday 16 February 2009

Customer Recommendation : 1 : Chris Dart : Maple Syrup Manhattan

Chris Dart is a fine gentleman, and also a lover of rum. So we were very surprised to hear that he has has recently been enjoying a new style of drink - Maple Syrup Manhattans.

Here's his recipe for the perfect mix:

50ml Makers Mark (£22.99)
25ml maple syrup (we don't sell this but we did find a very nice organic version at An Outlet, Manchester city centre for £4.99)
Dash of Angostura Bitters (£6.99)
Shake up with loads of ice (£3 per bag, crushed or cubed) and serve in a Martini glass.

Chris says, "This cocktail is not my original creation, I discovered it in a bar somewhere and liked it so much that I set about making my own version.

It's a very sweet drink but the maple syrup adds more than just the extra sweetness to the classic cocktail. you can use trial and error to find your perfect blend but my sweet tooth means I put that full 25ml shot of syrup in, and double the bourbon.

Makers Mark is sweet too, but not as sweet as some. It's good because while MM is a great bourbon it's not one you find painful to use in a cocktail (I will literally put anything in a cocktail).

I like to drink a Maple Syrup Manhattan with a plate of American style pancakes on Sunday mornings before a trip to Carringtons to cure my hangover."

Sounds divine......

If you have any recommendations please email rossingtonlovesbeer [at] live.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.